Please join us in the Manning Community Room.
December 2, 2013
7:00 p.m. Meeting
Babysitting is provided
Click here to download the from to order your 5th Grade T-Shirts
Thanksgiving Karate Special
- 6 weeks martial arts training for $69 (includes free uniform).
- 100% of the $69 fee goes directly to the PTO.
- Student, parents, or both, can start anytime, includes 2 classes per week for - a total of 12 classes.
- Convenient classes held at TRUE BALANCE KARATE, a family friendly martial arts center.
- Classes run by chief instructors Paul and Sue Helsdon.
- Classes Monday through Thursday and Saturday morning.
Instructions for signing up.
1. Make check out to True Balance Karate and deliver to Manning via back pack mail in envelope marked attention Lainie Hickey PTO/karate. Checks will be delivered to True Balance Karate.
2. Checks need to be received by December 6, 2013. Classes are 6 weeks from when you decide to start, with the latest start date being January 17th, 2014.
3. Students, or parent(s) alone, or parent(s) with student welcome.
4. Makes a Great holiday gift.
5. Let the discipline of karate help the student in school and life.
6. Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
True Balance Karate
406 Ogden, Dowers Grove
At the May 6th general membership meeting of Manning's PTO, the following individuals were voted into office as of July 1, 2013 for the 2013-2014 school year:
Interim President: Courteney Templeton
President-Elect: Jennifer Jucovics
VP Volunteers: Jennifer Meggos
VP Fundraising: Lainie Hickey
Recording/Corresponding Secretary: Donna Risden
Communications/PR Secretary: Valerie O'Connor
Treasurer: Michelle Rozsypal
Past President: Larisa Fetterly
Congratulations to our new executive board and a big thank you to our outgoing executive board members, Glo Byrd, Martha Walker and Melanie Sleeper. Thank you also to everyone who has chaired a committee, volunteered at, and financially supported, the Manning PTO events this year. We appreciate all you have done for Manning's staff and students!
Click here to check out the Market Day Specials! This is one of our ongoing fundraisers.
1. Your child benefits.
When parents get connected to the school, children do better. Research shows children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
2. We make a difference.
Our mission is to create the kind of school community where teachers and administrators can do their best work and so can our children.
3. We have fun.
Volunteer work shouldn't be drudgery. We accomplish a lot, and not everything we do is easy. But we know we're not balancing the national debt either. We don't take ourselves to seriously, and we try to enjoy ourselves along the way whenever possible.
4. We're welcoming.
To us, there are no "outsiders". We are people who have come together to work toward common goals.
5. We're about parent involvement, not fundraising.
In these times of tight budgets, parent groups everywhere are having to fill in the gaps, and so are we. Research studies show that building parent involvement in education is the number one thing we can do to create a great school.
6. There's a lot to be done.
These days, schools are asked to do more with less. Our help is needed more than ever to fill the gaps.
7. Meet nice people who share your concerns.
We all have a common bond. We care about creating the best possible educational experience for our children. We are neighbors and peers who share many of the same experiences. Many friendships have developed as a result of those connections.
8. We can match jobs to your interests and abilities.
The work we do covers a broad spectrum: planning events, working directly with children, managing a budget, and lots more. We encourage participation and creative ideas. We are thrilled to have people take on tasks that meet their skills and interests.
9. We pledge to honor your time constraints.
People are often reluctant to participate because they're afraid they'll get pulled into a black hole of never-ending time commitment. An hour or two really makes a difference. We won't push you to commit more than you want to or are able to.
10. This work is very rewarding.
It's seeing the smile that shows we're making school a little more fun. There are lots of rewards, both big and small, for those who get involved.
Please click here for information on how to sign up for PTO eAlerts. You will recieve up to date news and event information.
Click here to read meeting agendas and minutes
Click here to view other forms and informational documents
Click here to download PTO Constitution and By-Laws